Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No Localhost packages (on linux)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:58:44 +0100
Hi,

Can you post some version information on OpenSuse and Wireshark?

Thanx,
Jaap

Matti Zemack wrote:
Hi all,

It’s been a few months since I last used my grande old friend, Wireshark…

Now on OpenSuse, I can’t get Wireshark to capture Localhost packets. I can capture the packets fine with ngrep, and I can even see the packet counter counting in the window where I choose which Capture interface to use. But starting the capture gives me nothing.

The “display filter” field is empty, and so is the “capture filter”.

Is there some other way of absolutely definitively killing all display and capture filters?

Best Regards,

Matti Zemack, Stockholm, Sweden