Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Strange RTT values during dial-up connection

From: "Juha Yli-Penttilä" <juha.yli-penttila@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:39:59 +0200
Hi all,

I captured a log of FTP transfer using EGPRS dial-up connection. The RTT values seem to be too small, because most of the values are < 70ms. In practise these should be something like 200-500ms. The log capturing and FTP client were run on the same computer (another endpoint). Am I doing something wrong or why the RTT estimates are this small? From the figure can also be seen that most of the RTT values are on some certain levels, which I guess should not be the case. Attached TCP RTT graph. Thanks in advance.

--
Juha Yli-Penttilä