Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] No SIP/RTP capture with Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:41:48 -0800

On Jan 14, 2009, at 4:01 PM, Michael Mei wrote:

I am running the latest Wireshark and WinPCAP. I have a real hub (not a switch). I am able to see ARP and ARP replies involving two devices other than my PC's Realtek RTL8139/810x connection to the hub so I know that the hub is working.

So the ARP replies aren't broadcast? If the ARP requests and replies are broadcast, then that doesn't prove that the hub is working.

It's not a dual-speed hub, is it? If it is, are the other two machines running at the same network speed (10Mb/s or 100Mb/s) as the machine on which you're capturing?