Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] data volume in a transmisison

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:29:10 +0100
Hi Tom

Wireshark:
Apply a display filter:
frame.time_relative >= 17 && frame.time_relative <= 34

Go to Statistics -> Summery.
You'll get een overview of the captured and the displayed packets, for instance
the bytes.

TShark:
You can use TShark to display statistics.

tshark -r test.pcap -q -z io,stat,100,SUM(frame.len)frame.len
Output:
IO Statistics
Interval: 100.000 secs
Column #0: SUM(frame.len)frame.len