Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] [Fwd: Capturing 802.11 RSSI and TX Rate Values Using Ubuntu Li

From: "Tal Rusak" <tr76@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:08:32 -0500 (EST)
     I sent this a few days ago, but it may have been missed due to bad
timing.

Subject: Capturing 802.11 RSSI and TX Rate Values Using Ubuntu Linux
From:    "Tal  Rusak" <tr76@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:    Fri, December 26, 2008 11:08 am
To:      wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

     I am new to Wireshark. I need to capture RSSI values from an 802.11
network using an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 PC. I have added the columns in
the user interface, but no values are displaying. Perhaps I have the
incorrect driver (currently I am using iwlagn). Can anyone provide a
hint?
     Also, I can apparently use the 802.11 connection and capture packets
at the same time. With other sniffers I have used this was not
possible. Is this supposed to be possible with Wireshark, or is this
part of the problem in my setup?
     I really appreciate any help in advance. Happy holidays!

Thanks,
Tal