Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on Ubuntu with IWL3945 captures only management traf

From: "puller puller" <puller86@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:37:52 +0100
Dear wireshark users,
I'm having issues with my Intel 3945a/b/g wireless NIC on Ubuntu Linux with IWL3945 drivers, when trying to collect packets from my WPA protected wireless network.
If I don't set the NIC in monitor mode, I correctly get all data packets related to me and all broadcast traffic (obviously no traffic related to other hosts). In this case I still remain connected to my network.
If i set the NIC in monitor mode, I can get only beacons and probes (management traffic), and no data packets at all. In this case I cannot stay connected to my network.
I tried to install the ipw3945 drivers and use the rtap0 interface, but I had the exact same behaviour.

I ask your help to find a solution to make my wireless NIC correctly working (i.e. capturing all data packets on the network)!
Thank you.