Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Dissecting rtp (real-time protocol)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:20:36 +0100
Hi,

Enable "Try to decode RTP outside of conversation" in the RTP preferences, either on the command line or in Wireshark.

Thanx,
Jaap

Mihovil Pupovac wrote:
Hi,

I am sniffing rtp traffic with tshark. Rtp traffic is generated from a generator in a random manner, i.e., i cannot predict on which UDP port it will be sent or received. Tshark is dissecting this traffic as udp by default, but i would like to dissect is as rtp. Is this possible? Which command should i use?

I tried -d udp.port==xxxx,rtp , but the problem with this is that i don't know what xxxx should be since i cannot predict on which UDP port the traffic will be sent.

Best regards,
Mihovil