Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ethernet FCS incorrect but not being flagged by Wireshark

From: Richard Brodie <leogah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:14:55 +0000
wireshark-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote
I have recently come across a packet capture where the Ethernet FCS was
included but the FCS value was incorrect (for whatever reason the
transmitting device was padding the Ethernet header).  Our team has
worked with the manufacturer and resolved the issue.  My question is why
did Wireshark not flag this as an error?  Is this something I can
configure Wireshark to do with a coloring rule and/or can this be
changed on future releases?
That part of the code is old-style where the FCS field isn't registered, and so is only available as
text. I suggest you file an enhancement request in bugzilla.

Richard Brodie.