Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Reproducing Server Packets Locally

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 08:50:42 +0100
Hi,

Have you checked out http://wiki.wireshark.org/Tools

Thanx,
Jaap

Andrew Becker wrote:
Hi there,

I am using Wireshark to monitor the HTTP & TCP connections of a program on my computer. My goal is to be able to handle the communication between the client and server locally, by getting rid of the server and faking the server locally.

I was wondering what programs you would recommend for capturing and reproducing the packet communication of a program. Is there any server software that will allow me to create a 'fake' server locally, thus tricking my client into thinking its communicating with the server, when it isn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.