Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] LUA Script and display filter

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:34:15 +0100

Hi all,

I’m looking a way to put a filter in the display filter at the launch of wireshark. I’ve tried this code :

  set_filter("Myfilter”)

  apply_filter()

which is called with this command :  wireshark.exe -i3 -X lua_script:test2.lua

But it gives nothing.

My second idea was to use a "atclose" event of a Textwindow in this initial LUA script. This solution works but the Textwindow is set behind the wireshark window. So the user can’t see it.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks