Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Transmission time and a doubt

From: "Martin Visser" <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 23:21:00 +1100
jose,

this list is intended to discuss things specifically around wireshark, so you might be better off finding a network help mailing list for this sort of question

that said:-

The IP identification field is basically used to distinguish IP packets when the following other 3 parameters are all the same - source IP, dest IP and protocol. Thus as packets from A to B and A to C will have different dest IP address, you could in fact have the same identification field and still be able to distinguish packets.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx