Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Default save location, memory limitation, preserve vlan ta

From: "junk mail" <mooigezang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 12:50:32 -0600
thanks jaap en nogmaals bedankt, that worked for 1 and 2.

Santino

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

1&2 are easy: Use dumpcap i.s.o. wireshark: it just captures data from the
network and stores it at the location you indicate. No dissection is done, so no
RAM is consumed for that.

3, I'm not sure. Looks like you're running Win32, so YMMV. Have a try with
Ubuntu or something, that usually works.

Thanx,
Jaap