Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Database Protocol support

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:50:32 -0500
Al Aghili wrote:
I assume this is running tshark with the -w option. Do you need me to
set the filter -R tds when I run the test or no filter at all?

It turns out that there is a bug 1101 which has an attached MSSQL 2005 capture.

Even so it can't hurt to have a 2nd capture.

It's best to use no filter at all since the current dissector may not correctly recognize frames as TDS so just tshark -w ... should be OK.

(If desired you can mark the file as "private" when you attach it to bug #3098)

Bill