Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Database Protocol support

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 14:05:23 -0800

On Dec 5, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Al Aghili wrote:

Yea it looks like MS SQL Server 2005 is not fully supported. I just ran
a test with it. In some cases you can see the query and the result
coming back but in other cases you can't see either. Do you know if
there is plan to support MS SQL 05 in the future? It's really close,
just not consistent.

There aren't "official" plans to support any protocol in Wireshark; support happens when somebody decides to add it:

	http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.11

Now that Microsoft appear to be documenting it, it might be easier to fix issues with it, although we might need captures with problems in order to fix the problems (and probably would need them to test the fixes).