Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ethernet flow control

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:07:25 +0100
Hi,

I haven't worked with them myself. Wikipedia is your friend here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pause_frame

Thanx,
Jaap

Jake Peavy wrote:
Thanks Jaap,

I should probably start off by saying that I'm not sure I understand flow control completely; I'm a little out of my depth.

I've also tried capturing off the full duplex 10/100 switch, but don't see them there either.

Should I just be able to look for eth.type == 0x8808 in order to see flow control information or do I need to look inside the Frame/Ethernet headers?

I did look at the sample capture: http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Ethernet_Pause_Frame.cap <http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Ethernet_Pause_Frame.cap> but I'm not sure if that's what to expect. If it is, and if they're there, I'm definitely not seeing them.

Thanks again,
-jp