Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Ethernet flow control

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 22:59:12 +0100
Hi Jake,

Sticking in a hub will make it half duplex, so full duplex rate control is out of the question. Better get a passive tap.

Thanx,
Jaap

Jake Peavy wrote:
Hello all,

I believe we're running into an issue caused by one device sending PAUSE frames onto the wire and impairing the bandwidth delivered by the upstream switch.

I have placed a 10BaseT hub (old school) in the datapath and attempted to capture this information using a linux host running Wireshark, but I do not see any flow control information.

Is there anything I need to do to the ethernet driver/interface in order to capture this traffic using Wireshark?

TIA,

--
-jp