Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] capture packets from a java program

From: "Gopalakrishnan A.N" <saigop@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:07:21 +0530
Hi Abhik,

Thanks for the mail. Let me bit more clear.

Actually we are having our own E1 line with TDM connectivity. we are trying to capture the E1 line, since wireshark cant recognize ISDN protocol, so we do have our own API provided with the E1 card. The API program is a C program where the packets are captured in hexadecimal value in a command line.

    We are planning to use Java to run the API command internally in the JAVA program and from the JAVA program we will send the captured hexadecimal packets to wireshark through Jpcap.

    And in the above scenario, if we send the captured packets through Jpcap to wireshark, we need to send via Ethernet interface only, some time dummy packets also be included in that interface, so we will not get the real packets.

   The final query is we need to capture the TDM protocol and 3GPP protocol in wireshark.

   Can you please suggest me some good solution for this?

--
Thank you  with regards,
Gopal,