Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] problem using wireshark 1.04 through a batch file

From: "Wouter van der Aar" <wouter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 14:24:47 +0100

Last monday I installed wireshark on a customer’s XP pc.

I fiddled around with the paramaters and created a batch file, which was supposed to scan an interface for 45 minutes. Tested the command string and wireshark stated up exactly as I wanted.

The customer switched off the pc at the and of the day.

The next day the batch file refused to start wireshark.

At first windows told me that my path was incorrect. After changing that, wireshark itself refused to startup giving the following error:

Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library:

Runtime Error

Program C:\Program Files\Wireshark\wireshark.exe

 This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

I gave wireshark the following command string:

Wireshark.exe –i \Device\NPF_<33CDCD6AE2-7D3E-989B-007EC00FEF63> -a duration:2700 –w c:\wiresharkfiles\verbinding –k

I suspect windows is messing with me, but I need to be sure my string is in order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Wouter