Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Problem exporting data

From: "Michael J. Monte" <montemj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:36:28 -0500
Hi Steve,

I found the problem. I was correct in saying that Wireshark didn't see the other transmitted data packets as a tar file and thus ignored them. I should have looked more closely at the tcp stream, because there was missing data, hence wireshark didn't see the data a tar file because it wasn't a tar file.

After shutting off the updating capture display, I was able to capture a data chunk that had no missing data. Wireshark saw the data as a tar file this time around and was able to export the file for me. So I have everything I need. Thanks for the help.

Mike