Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Use dissectors in my software

From: "Marco Perrando" <marco.perrando@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:04:52 +0100
Hi all.

After seraching for about an hour on the net without any satisfaction,
I post here my question.

We need to make some custom analysis on pcap captured traffic (live or
archived).
We need to interpret the captured traffic (protocols and fields) and
then start to make our analysis.

Is it possible to use the powerful wireshark dissectors insdie our software?
Is there a tutorial somewhere that show how to make a simple program
(maybe in C) that uses wireshark library?

Thank you.

MP