Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Multicast problem

From: Lars Lars <laasunde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:42:45 +0100
Thank you for the quick response.

The code that configures the nic and handling receiving multicast is the same for server and clients. So it does not make sense for the server to fail and the clients to work. Also, the current code has worked fine for several years. The case being mentioned is the exception.

Will look into promiscuous mode tomorrow morning.

Cheers