Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Finding mismatched HTTP Content-Length and the data

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:47:06 -0600
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:38:13PM +1100, Martin Visser wrote:

> You should be able to do this in a tap/dissector written in LUA. I'm
> working on a similar problem to look for particular HTTP response time
> patterns.
>
> My impression is that LUA is intended for writing those "one-off" apps
> that don't warrant complicating the standard distribution.

Good idea!

> The problem (at least for me ) is that there aren't enough good
> published examples. If I get what I want working, I'll try and help
> remedy that :-)

Have you seen this?

  http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html_chunked/wsluarm.html

If you figure out anything that isn't there, please open a bug report at
https://bugs.wireshark.org and submit an enhancement request with the
information so we can include it in the user's guide.  We can even put
more examples.

Steve