Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can Wireshark query the captured data?

From: abdu bukres <jentel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:03:21 +0000

I have been using Wireshark in a simple usage looking at the data.

Can Wireshark be used to query the data a bit like SQL, something like:

List the top 10 ip addresses which caused the most number of hits or tcp traffic during the last 10 minutes?

I don't know if Wireshark can capture number of bytes sent out in http responses, so can it list which ip addresses are causing a lot of outbound traffic?

I would like to query the data captured by Wireshark and query it like a database.

Simple examples can get me going fast.

If Wireshark can't do it, any ideas for other sniffers?

Thanks.

Abdu

When your life is on the go—take your life with you. Try Windows Mobile® today