Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Running Wireshark as windows service

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:09:46 +0200
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:37:12 +0200 vive la faq wrote:
> I need to make long term captures on a windows 2003 server
> without any remote desktop opened.
> The ideal, I think, is to have a wireshark
> that can be configured as windows service.
> Is it possible ? Is there another way to do that ?

Hi,

You can use FireDaemon:
http://www.firedaemon.com
This programm offers you a lot of options and flexibility.

You can create a lot of different batch-files with
different options to start i.e. tshark as a service:
- use various capture filters
- multiple files
- ringbuffer
- different start/stop times on all or different days
... and so on

TB-harddisks aren't that expensive anymore ;-)

Thanks
Joan