Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Installing a new dissector

From: "Breno Jacinto" <breno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:47:09 -0300
Hello,

   I'm trying to install a dissector in wireshark. I'm following the
steps suggested in the install file, which says to update the
Makefile.common in epan/dissectors, and recompile wireshark. But it is
not showing in the Protocol list and traffic is not decoded yet.

   Can anyone give me a hand on this? I'm unsure it is a problem with
the dissector code, since it was written for Ethereal (~2006), and now
I'm trying it on wireshark. Was there any change in the template for
dissectors?

    The dissector source is attached.

thanks in advance,
:: Breno Jacinto ::
:: breno - at - gprt.ufpe.br ::
:: FingerPrint ::
   2F15 8A61 F566 E442 8581
   E3C0 EFF4 E202 74B7 7484
:: Persistir no difícil é a única maneira de torná-lo fácil algum dia.  ::