Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark does not display interface list after addition of 10

From: Bhairav <stan2k08@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:39:52 -0400
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a limit on the number of virtual IP addreses that could be added to an interface before wireshark starts having a problem with it.

I had 1000 IP addresses already, but after I added a few more (10-15 more), wireshark's GUI stops presenting the list of interfaces when either Capture -> Interfaces or Capture -> Options are selected.

I've attached a screenshot of what wireshark displays when Capture -> Interfaces was selected.

Wondering if this is something intentional or perhaps a bug.

Thanks,
Bhairav