Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Mac OS 10.4 build?

From: "Nicolás Christie" <nicolas.christie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 22:34:35 -0300
Hi, thanks for the reply Stephen, Guy and Stig... and sorry, should have given some more info.

I'm trying to use Wireshark 1.0.3 on an Intel based MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.4. Apparently something does need OS 10.5. When opening the app, it opens X11, shows in my dock for a few seconds and then dissapears! I'm guessing because some checking went wrong and the app couldn't continue opening.

As for compiling the code, software is not particulary my strongpoint, I'm an Electronics Engineering student, so I'm guessing I'd need some help with that. I did read the MacOS.readme file included in the source code, but I'd probably have more luck knitting a jacket! :) UNIX Command Line is uncharted territory... sorry :S

Nicolás Christie
nicolas.christie@xxxxxxxxx