Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Strange ARP requests from ACER notebooks

From: "b38911 zxc" <b38911@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:08:41 +0200
Hello.

During the past days, I monitored my network in order to identify some of the broadcast traffic sources.

I found a strange thing: we have two ACER notebooks (the only two ACER PC in the network) that are sending out, every 1 second, and ARP request from 192.168.1.100 asking for MAC of 192.168.1.1.
The weird thing is that this traffic is sent even with the two PCs turned off (but obviosly connected to the network). I checked the BIOS, but I didn't see anything obvious there: I don't see any "wakeup on LAN" or other options pointing to this.

Do you have any idea on how to stop this? Anyone ever noticed this behavior?

Thanks,

b38911