Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on 64 bit Vista?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:05:39 +0100
Title: Wireshark on 64 bit Vista?
Bob Carlson wrote:

I reinstalled, but it appears to have made no difference. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

I have a suspicion that the problem has something to do with the change in the way the user accounts are stored. In Vista, they are in c:\Users. In XP they were in \Documents and Settings. The places where apps store their private data have changed along with this.

Works fine for me on Vista Business 64 bit including capturing with WinPCap.  FWIW, my wireshark settings are held under C:\Users\myUser\AppData\Roaming\Wireshark.
--
Regards,

Graham Bloice