Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark on 64 bit Vista?

From: "Bob Carlson" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:53:19 -0700
Title: Wireshark on 64 bit Vista?

When I run Wireshark I get the error message The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail. I believe that Wireshark ran correctly when I first installed it. I havent done anything to cause this that I know of, except maybe install AVG/Pro and de-install Norton.

I have Vista Home Premium 64-bit running on a HP Pavillion D5z laptop with an AMD Turion something or other. Has anyone seen this problem?

I have another application, Visual SlickEdit that has a problem that looks similar. I suspect it has to do with the security features in Vista. Could it be that these apps cannot get to files it needs because of the security in Vista? Since I cant even open the apps, its hard to tell where any unavailable files might be.

Cheers, Bob

bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

+1 541 484 0148 (office)

+1 541 521 9525 (cell)