Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] "Encrypted Alert" on ssl capture.

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:41:00 -0700

Hi, we have these failing SSL connections we were trying to debug, the ones that fail have an
"Encrypted Alert"  in them.

Am I correct in assuming that this is an alert in the SSL protocol who's value I can't see because it's encrypted?

Should I expect to be able to decrypt it with wireshark if I have the keys setup properly? I am able to decrypt the ssl stream of the successful connections, but they don't have any "Encrypted Alerts" so I don't know
what to expect there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--fess