Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problem with Wireshark on Mac.

From: "Abhishek Dwaraki" <abhishek.dwaraki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 01:24:57 -0400
Hey folks,
                Just needed some help on getting Wireshark to run on a MacBook Pro. It is an Intel based Mac and this is the story till now. I downloaded the .dmg file from Sourceforge,net and have installed the app correctly. The next step happens to be copying those files for the Wireshark command line into some dir that is there is PATH. I did not get this step. Actually, I am not able to edit my $PATH variable to point to wherever I have copied the files to. The other problem is that the Startup mode thing, ChmodBPF does not seem to work for me. I am actually new to this and do not know if I am doing this right. Could someone help me get this sorted out? I am able to run Wireshark, but am not seeing any interfaces to capture on. I am guessing that this is because of the above problem.

Someone please let me know how to get this thing running on my laptop. It is kind of urgent since I am on a project and need to get this up and running. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards,
Abhishek.