Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Empty Capture Interfaces List (Wireshark 1.0.3 & Mac OSX 10.5.

From: Jason Holtslander <j.holtslander@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:28:32 -0700
I've installed Wireshark 1.0.3 on Mac OSX 10.5.5
My "Capture Options" dialog has an empty "Interface" list.

I've checked the F.A.Q. at http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html
I've searched the User guide

I can't find an explanation for why nothing is listed here.
The closest I've found is this snippet from the user guide...

"Not all available interfaces may be displayed!
This dialog box will only show the local interfaces Wireshark knows of. It will not show interfaces marked as hidden in the "Interface Options" preferences dialog. As Wireshark might not be able to detect all local interfaces, and it cannot detect the remote interfaces available, there could be more capture interfaces available than listed."

I've looked for "Interface Options" & interfaces marked as hidden but am not seeing anything

Can someone please guide me a bit here? I'm not an "expert" but I'm fairly technically competent.

Jay