Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] TCP Previous segment lost batches on several times a day

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:33:02 +0200

Hello,

We have a problem with a occurring several times a day which causes delays in a trading application.

Sniffing the network revealed batches of "TCP Previous segment lost", "TCP Dup ACK", "TCP Retransmission" and "TCP Out-Of-Order" also several time a day.

Prior and after these erroneous batches the network seems to be clean. (No red messages)

Currently we can not tell for sure if these messages correlate with the problem but it is the only problem we see on the network and the timeframe fits.

As a newcomer to Wireshark and network sniffing I would be grateful if someone could please point out a possible cause for these.

Best Regards,

Ron Kuper

This message and its attachments are designated solely for the addressee.
They contain information that may be privileged and protected by law.
Duplication or distribution of this information in any manner is prohibited by law.
If you receive this document or information and it is not addressed to you, it must be
deleted from your system forthwith.
In such case, kindly inform us of this event as soon as practicable..