Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] message about "ipv6 not supported"

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:14:33 -0700

On Sep 16, 2008, at 6:25 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

On Sep 16, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Rachel McConnell wrote:

Running on Darwin 8.11.1 (MacOS 10.4.11), with libpcap version 0.9.8.

Are you using the libpcap that comes with Tiger, or did you build your
own version of libpcap?  I think the version that comes with Tiger
supports IPv6; try the command "tcpdump -d ip6" and see what it prints.

It appears that the libpcap that comes with Tiger

	1) is libpcap 0.8.3

and

	2) supports IPv6.

Where did you get your Wireshark installation from?