Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark and HTTP debug

From: Hansang Bae <hbae@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 21:49:13 -0400
K Bertens wrote:
Hi,
A lot of websites use some kind of JSON/AJAX, nice tools to decode them are Fiddler and HTTPwatch. Both tools work like a proxy and reroutes the traffic through the application.
Is there a way these tools can be combined with wireshark?
I would be nice if there are HTTP debuggers like above that have the ability to import pcap data or maybe there are possibilities with replaying the pcap data and reroute them through a separate HTTP debugger.
Any ideas?

Well, for me, I use IEWatch (HTTP Analyzer) to look at SSL traffic. Right now, I have to match up the socket numbers with PCAP data. I use the size field to manually match up the IEWatch data with the trace file. Some type of integration would be welcome but I don't see how that can be done.

--

Thanks,
Hansang