Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] ARP Problem

From: "Edsel barrios" <ebarrios08@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:32:05 -0500
I am using wireshark 10.0.3 version. I ran a scan on my network it is rather small network about 12 devices. I have one laptop that keep sending arp scans to the network. Most devices are current pc's on the network, but it also arps empty ip address. The laptop does have Mcafee and it has mapped drives to most of the pcs in the network. The other thing is that it is constantly sending Bogus IP hearder Length messages. I understand this is due to the McCafee firewall.
Is the machine constantly arping because the Microsoft network drives?
The Laptop is running Windows SP sp 3.

Thank you,
Ilene