Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Missing vcredist_x86

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:39:24 +0200
Installing SVN version number 26172 or higher (wireshark-win32-1.1.0-SVN-26172.exe)
works fine.
When you try to run Wireshark you get this error message:

C:\Program Files\Wireshark\Wireshark.exe
This application has failed to start because the application configuration
is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

In this case reinstalling does not solve the problem.
Unfortunately this error message does not point you in the direction of vcredist_x86.exe
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable).
Installing vcredist_x86.exe solves the problem.

BTW System Tools - Event Viewer - System shows the following errors:
EventID: 34
Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component
requested

EventID: 58
Syntax error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.MANIFEST"
on line 4.

EventID: 59
Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\Wireshark\wireshark.exe.
Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Grtz
Joan