Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark problem

From: Ricardo A Corredor <ra.corredor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:06:34 -0500
Hi

I can capture on the interface with WinDump, but when I try with Wireshark appears a problem about a driver that I don't know what it is.

   * the operating system you're using, and the version of that
     operating system: I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
   * the type of network device you're using: I'm connected right now
     by wi-fi, so i'm using the wireless card.
   * the error message I get from Wireshark: "The NPF driver isn't
     running.  You may have trouble capturing or listing interfaces" It
     appears specifically when I open the Wireshark app.

Thanks for your answer

Ricardo A Corredor J
Universidad de los Andes
Colombia