Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] SSCOP Special Encapsulation DLT User Selection?

From: "David Bryant" <miata5860@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:56:58 -0400
In Wireshark release 99.5, under the Edit/Preferences menu, within the Protocols/"DLT User A" window, the user has the capability to select SSCOP as a special encapsulation and MTP3 as the payload type.  In release 99.7 and 1.0.2, the Protocols/DLT_User window is set up differently.  MTP3 can be entered as the payload type within the DLT user encapsulation table, however, the SSCOP special encapsulation cannot.  I attempted entering SSCOP as a trailer protocol, as well as other combinations of SSCOP and MTP3 for payload, header and trailer, and I could not get Wireshark 99.7 or 1.0.2 to bust out the protocols the same as 99.5.  The later versions produce a much larger number of decode errors and unknowns on the same capture files with my (erroneous) DLT user table settings.  What is the correlary to the MTP3 with SSCOP Special Encapsulation setting in the later versions of Wireshark?

Thanks,

DHB