Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Question on databases

From: "Terry Martin" <tmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:32:07 -0400

I saw this on the wish lish page on the Wireshark

  1. The ability to dump packet data/info into an SQL database. (How would the schema for the database be specified, and how would the information to be dumped to the database be specified? A change that hardcodes a particular schema and set of data to be dumped would be of limited use. -Guy Harris)
  2. A command line utility which acts likes an AWK wrapper for TShark where the patterns are display filters and the selected packet's field names become possible output variables. A feature like this would allow one to create reports and/or files which could be imported into databases. - Mark Johnson

Are these available today?

If so, where can I find out to configure this?

Terry Martin

TimeData Corporation

VP of Network Operation

work:     212-644-1600 X3