Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] GTP extension header decoded?

From: "Lin, Murong (NSN - CN/Guangzhou)" <murong.lin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:11:23 +0800
Title: GTP extension header decoded?

Hi ,
I wonder anyone have decoded GTP "SGSN context request" with extension header type = 0xC1/0xC2?
I have the newest  Wireshark  but still failed, anything I am missing?
Thanks for advance!
BRs,
Murong LIn

Picture (Metafile)

Figure 4: Definition of bits 7 and 8 of the Extension Header Type

An Endpoint Receiver is the ultimate receiver of the GTP-PDU (e.g. an RNC or the GGSN for the GTP-U plane). An Intermediate Node is a node that handles GTP but is not the ultimate endpoint (e.g. an SGSN for the GTP-U plane traffic between GGSN and RNC).

Next Extension Header Field Value       Type of Extension Header
0000 0000       No more extension headers
0000 0001       MBMS support indication
1100 0000       PDCP PDU number
1100 0001       Suspend Request
1100 0010       Suspend  Response