Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] SNMP mibs and WireShark 1.0.2

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:38:37 +1000
Glenn Andrews wrote:
> Okay I got it working .  I had to put the modules I was adding before
> any of the others atleast the one that
> defined the enterprise #.

As long as all the IMPORTS can be found in the MIB path libsmi is using
"it should just work".

There are really only a few rules that are important:

1) Each file MUST contain exactly one MIB.

2) The file name MUST be the same as the MIB name, and on case sensitive
filesystems the case must match. The name is optionally allowed to have
an extension of ".my", ".smiv1", ".smiv2", ".sming", ".mib", or ".txt"

3) The MIB MUST be syntactically correct.

4) All IMPORTS clauses MUST be satisfied.

                -- Dr. Who