Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Reassembly of HTTP packets

From: Daniel Gramsch <daniel.gramsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:25:43 +0200
Hello Abhik,

very fast ;-) - thank you! But I am not looking for the content of the reassembled packets, just for the overall packet size.
The window under the menu (File > Export > Object > HTTP) seems to contain these information, so how can I exctract the two columns (packet num and bytes)
from there? Just copy it and save this window content into a text file is not possible or am I wrong?

What I want to have at last is a kind of list in the following way:

http packet size 100	( this packet does not need to be reassembled, cause it fits in a single tcp packet )
http packet size 1460	( this packet does not need to be reassembled, cause it fits in a single tcp packet )
http packez size 1461 	( one http packet but from reassembled tcp packets )
http packet size 2083	( one http packet but from reassembled tcp packets )

And is it possible to get the "File > Export > Object > HTTP" information via tshark?
As I said I just need the reassembled packet sizes and of course the packet number.

Thanks a lot again,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Yes, this is very much possible from the menu:
File > Export > Object > HTTP

Hope this helps
Abhik