Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] display of packets

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:07:17 +0400
Hi Mike,

Are you talking about the packet bytes pane or in the dialog which
shows up when you do "follow XYZ stream"?

In the former case, it seems to be the same as EtherDetect...
non-printable bytes are replaced by a period '.'. This is the case in
practically every program which displays/edits hex streams.

In the latter case, well, I don't think it is a good idea because it
would not be an accurate 'representation'  of the data, but that's
just me. Perhaps someone else has a different opinion.

Regards,
Abhik.