Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] IPDR

From: "Abhik Sarkar" <sarkar.abhik@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:56:47 +0400
Hi Wes,

A quick search on IPDR suggests that the packets might be encoded as
XML (which is supported) or XDR (which might be supported by one of
the RPC dissectors, not quite sure):
http://www.ipdr.org/BestPracticesStandards/DownloadDocuments/4506/Home.html

However, the transport layer seems to be a special protocol (IPDR
Streaming Protocol: http://www.ipdr.org/public/DocumentMap/SP2.3.pdf)
which runs over TCP/SCTP. I don't think this is supported.

Assuming I am correct (I hope someone will correct me if I am not),
someone will need to write a dissector for IPDR SP (and maybe for
XDR). I think you need to file an enhancement request at
bugs.wireshark.org and hopefully someone will look into it when they
have the time.

HTH
Abhik.