Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] wireshark crashes on start capture

From: Roland Tollenaar <rwatollenaar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 09:49:15 +0200
Hi,

Wireshark 1.0.2 (and all older versions of wireshark) crashes on my XP
machine when starting a capture.

Windump and tshark function, so the problem is not with WinPcap. I can
open the interface dialog and the preferences etc. Crash only occurs
when I start the capture. It does so on all or any interface.

I can see that I am not the only one who has this problem if I google on
the problem, however I cannot find an explanation for this behaviour.

Can anyone on this list perhaps shed some light on this problem please?

Much obliged.

Regards,

Roland