Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Accessing Capture interface details?

From: "Vinay Chilakamarri" <vinay.chilakamarri@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:20:56 -0700
I observed that "dumpcap -D" on the older versions of the dumpcap doesn't print out the IPAddresses of the interfaces. But the wireshark is still able to display the IPAddresses on it's interface list. Can anyone please let me know the tool that wireshark uses for this purpose?(in the newer versions, deleting dumpcap.exe apparently will cause wireshark's interface window go blank) Here are the details of dumpcap -v:

------
Dumpcap 0.99.2 (SVN Rev 18752)

Copyright 1998-2006 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.

Compiled with with GLib 2.6.6, with WinPcap (version unknown), with libz 1.2.3,
with libpcre 6.4, with Net-SNMP , with ADNS, with Lua 5.1.

Running with WinPcap version 3.1 (packet.dll version 3, 1, 0, 27), based on libpcap version 0.9[.x] on Windows XP S, bui
ld 2600.

See http://www.wireshark.org for more information.
--------

I am preparing my algorithm in such a way that the feature that I write can be used with any version of wireshark. Thanks.