Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] rtcp information capture

From: "Ammar Lilamwala" <ammar.lilamwala@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:54:51 +0100
hi all

I used the command

tshark -d udp.port==12001,rtcp -e rtcp.ssrc.fraction -e rtcp.ssrc.dlsr -e rtcp.ssrc.jitter -R "rtcp" -S -T fields -V >log.txt
I am getting the rtcp information printed in log.txt file

Can anyone explain as to why when i type the following command i dont get any information stored at all?

tshark -d udp.port==12001,rtcp -e rtcp.roundtrip-delay -e rtcp.xr.stats.lost -e rtcp.xr.voipmetrics.rfactor -R "rtcp" -S -T fields -V >log.txt

I am guessing that these fields dont exist in the packet thats why? or that only the ssrc information can be captured by the display filter.

Should that be the case can you please tell me what i should do if i want to calculate the above metrics.
I tried using the -z option in tshark but it seems to be very complicated. A link for the usage of -z option in tshark would also be very helpful.

regards
ammar