Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Please help me!

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:23:42 +0200
Hi,

Does the IP phone use vlan tags? That can spell trouble for the windows network driver. Boot up from a Linux live CD with a capture application (Knoppix is a good example) and try capturing with that.

Thanx,
Jaap

Shou-Kuo Shao wrote:
Dear Abhik,

Thank you for the quick reply.

However, the setting of "Capture packets in promiscuous mode" has been selected crrectly. And the device I used is a pure hub. If I ping the IP phone from any places, I could capture the ICMP packets with the IP phone's address. I also could capture any other packets on the net, so the promiscuous mode should be OK.

The only problem is the SIP and RTP packets could not be captured. And no cpature filters has been set.

Best Regards

Shou-Kuo Shao